Problem: the motor won’t turn on.
- Make sure the unit is plugged in.
- Reset the circuit breaker.
- Repair or replace the wall switch, if needed.
- Check for a jam. Press the reset button.
Problem: The motor hums, but doesn’t grind.
- Clear any jams. Move the blades manually to check movement.
- Press the reset button.
Problem: Disposal is not grinding properly.
- Make sure you are using enough cold water when running the disposal.
- Read the disposal manual for a list of items that should NOT be put down the disposal. Take care to follow the instructions.
Problem: The disposal leaks.
- Check the flanges and sink/drain connection. Tighten as needed.
- Replace the gaskets.
Problem: The disposal causes the circuit breaker to trip.
Keep the disposal on its own circuit (15 amps).
Problem: The disposal makes too much noise.
- Remove any foreign objects in the drain with a pliers or tongs.
- Tighten the screws where they attach to the flange at the bottom of the sink.
- If the flywheel is broken, replace it.
- The motor may be defective. Contact a qualified service provider for assistance.
Problem: Disposal drains slowly.
- Run hot water down the drain, followed by running the disposal with ice cubes.
- To clear grease and debris, place a cup each of these substances, in this order: vinegar, baking soda, and salt. Follow with a pot of boiling water. Repeat once or twice.
- Employ a sink plunger to clear the blockage.